Spanish festival in Hasselt

Sun shone that morning, it was strange so I had to enjoy the day on the street. I didn’t know what to do but I had to go outside. At that moment, Cristina phoned me and said: There is a Spanish festival in Hasselt! Everyone went to find out which consisted it. Every year a festival of a different country is celebrated here and this year is time of our country, luckily. We arrived at the central square and seemed as if we were transported to Andalucía. Little stands of wine and different types of tapas ('jamón ibérico, ensaladilla rusa, tortilla española, paella…') were everywhere. For dessert: 'churros'. We couldn’t believe it! Everything was decorated in great detail. 'Flamenco' couldn’t miss: Spanish guitar, 'cajón flamenco', live singing 'cante hondo' and 'bailaoras'. After the wonderful performance of the group, another group of Belgian women danced some 'sevillanas' very excitedly. I loved it; I’m delighted that people like Spanish art in many corners of the world. I have to confess that I couldn’t contain myself and I started to dance with one of the Belgian women. I thoroughly enjoyed the day, feel close to home is always nice. =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment