Student life in Hasselt


Hasselt as a city which has so many different universities and high schools is a young and funny city. Before coming here I have never imagined I would be with a lot of students in that unknown Belgian city for me; and not only Belgian young people, also students around the world. Here is easy to meet new people and have fun. There are various student fraternities which organize all kind of events: trips, cultural events, parties…When you arrive alone to a new place this things help you to feel like in your city home. I have good memories of them like a festival October or “Cantus” in the beginning of my stay in Belgium. 

First one was a festival in Dusartplein, an important square in Hasselt where they celebrated the start of the university course. It was on 6th of October (same day of my 19 birthday) so it was like a present for me! There were live music and funfair and it was enjoyable.

Cantus is a party organized by AES (Association for Exchange Students), one of the student fraternities. In that party you play karaoke singing songs in different languages, drinking Belgian bear and talking people. There have been three of these parties during the course. They were so so funny! I will miss them!!


2 comments: